PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies,
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
[[INSERT DESCRIPTIONS OF OTHER TYPES OF TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES USED]]
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information , email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties such as Google Analytics . We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We do not share any data unnecessarily and only use the data to keep within UK laws and guidelines.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-onlineadvertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. You can also see personal data in your My Account section of the website.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
OVER 18 years old only
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18
our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to
make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using
the details provided below:
Portland House, Belmont Business park, Durham, DUR, DH11TW, United Kingdom
Terms and Conditions
TheOnlineCompaniesLtd (The Online Giveaways) are the sole operator and promoter of competitions:
TheOnlineCompaniesLtd – 12716592 Portland House
Belmont Business Park Durham
PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE ENTERING ANY OF OUR COMPETITIONS.
You must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the UK or Ireland.
You will be entering the competition and paying the ticket price in GBP unless stated otherwise.
You can enter for free by sending the below info via post to our registered address (Theonlinecompanies, Portland house, DH1 1TW). Please enclose your name, phone number, email address, address and answer to the skill based question on the competition you are entering. We highly recommend you send the letter Royal Mail Special delivery so you have proof of posting and delivery, if not there is no guarantee the letter will reach us in time or at all if the letter was to go missing.
The maximum entries will vary on each competition but will be approximately 5 – 10 to keep the odds fair, the maximum entries for a free postal entry is 1.
Each competition we list will have instructions on how to enter, these are the same on all competitions. You will be shown all details on the product page such as ticket price, end date, maximum entries, product information and your game of skill question. You are expect to read our T&C’s and entering the competition and be fully aware of the process.
Most competitions will be set at 28 days, if they sell our before we will bring the draw date forward, all entrants will be notified of this. We can extend the competition by a maximum of 4 times, after this we will then offer the current entrants a cash alternative of 70% of the ticket sales.
Once entering the competition entrants are then recognised, along with the promoter that the promoter may need to use details from the entrants and other data defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 which is supplied by entrants to promoter once entering any competition.
The promoter holds the right either by choice or request, to disclose the entrants information to any relevant parties to prevent money laundering, financial or regulatory reasons, or any other legal requirements. Please see A.3 for further information.
Our draws will be done live on Facebook at a scheduled time, once live we will run through the details such as prize, max entries and briefly how the comp works again and then enter the ticket numbers on Google random number generator.
If your number is drawn we will confirm on social media and give you a call after the draw to confirm personal and delivery details, we will ask for proof of ID before posting the product to make sure the name and address matches up.
If you do miss the draw we will be posting the winners online so please keep checking the website for regular updates, the live video will also be on Facebook for 2 days after the live draw for you to re-watch and confirm.
The prize will vary on each competition, this will affect the odds and prize value as we offer lower end competition for parts and accessories to bigger prizes such as bicycles.
As the promoter we hold any rights to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time as these are created by Theonlinecompaniesltd only. Any misuse of these T&C’s will result necessary action enforced correctly and legally.
Entrants must be made aware that the promoter (The Online Giveaways) holds the right to make an entrant void without a refund – unless under the discretion of The Online Giveaways – if any form of illegal activity such as fraud, false impersonation of an entrant, misconduct, any form of internet hacking, misuse of code of conduct, failure to pay entry fee before competition and any money laundering takes place.
We do not condone any misconduct or abuse by any entrants or winners and hold the right to withhold prizes if legal action is required due to this.
The Online Giveaways are not liable for any death or personal injury, loss suffered, personal failed issues towards any entrant or winner, economic loss suffered by any entrant or winner, distribution of prize to winner, giving full in depth detail of any prize provided in any of our competitions, loss due to incomplete or incompetent entries and failed communications in any aspect or suffered due to a result of Facebook or website.
Cancellation of any running competition that has to be done, has been done so under the discretion of The Online Giveaways before or after entrants have entered. Any paid fee’s will result in fee’s being returned upon the entrant’s request, and providing they can prove their proof of payment for the competition they have entered into. Please understand we will do our best to avoid cancelling any running competition but if needed to, it has been done so for legal reasons and as a duty of care to any of our entrants. The promoter has no liability to return entrants fees upon cancelling a competition unless the entrant contacts requesting so, with proof of prior payment being provided. The only time a refund is offered is if a running competition must be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances beyond The Online Giveaways control.
Payment methods can be made via;
- We accept all credit and debit cards (excl AMEX) through on the checkout page, the payment are handled securely by CashFlows and are 100% secure.
- Payments are non refundable and are expected before the competition ends.
- More than one competition can be running at any time.
- Each entrant can enter more than one competition at a time.
- Number of entries for each competition has a maximum, if a competition has not hit the maximum it is down to the promoter’s decision to either close the competition and award the prize to the winner or extend the competition, see ‘The competition’ section for additional information.
- The choice is down to the discretion of the promoter, a cash prize may be handed over instead if the maximum has not been met.
The cash prize will be for 70% of the maximum tickets sold, this is to cover our overheads such as advertising, promoting and maintaining the site and associated social media platforms. The cash alternative will be transferred direct to the winners bank account.
- Once entering the competition entrants are then recognised along with the promoter that the promoter may need to use details from the entrants and other data defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 which is supplied by entrants to promoter once entering any competition.
- The promoter holds the right either by choice or request to disclose the entrants information to any relevant parties to prevent money laundering, financial or regulatory reasons, money laundering or any other legal requirements.
A.4 (WINNER INFORMATION)
- We will contact the winner within 24 hour of the live draw to confirm their details and prize, we will try to contact the winner via phone and email to a maximum of 10 times, after this we will wait for 10 working days for the winner to get in touch with us. In the unfortunate event we do not get a reply the draw will be done again live on social media with the existing entries and a new winner will be picked.
- Before sending the prize we will ask the winner for a copy of their ID (ideally passport or drivers license) and proof of address.
- The prize will be delivered direct to the winner and be covered by full manufactures warranty unless stated otherwise, if there is a problem on delivery we must be notified within 24 hours. Products will be sent on a tracked and signed for service.
- From the time of winning we aim to have the product posted within 7 working days, this can vary depending on stock levels or if the product is a pre-order, this will be listed on the product page and winner kept up to date.
A.5 (Prize Information)
- Under no circumstances will any prize be offered as an alternative if the winner is The competition will be rerun and a new fair winner will be decided via Google number selector.
- The products we offer will be covered by standard manufacturers warranty unless stated otherwise
- Delivery will be arranged and paid for by The Online Giveaways
- We aim to have all products posted within 7 working days and delivered within 21 working days, if there is any delays expected you will be notified.
- The Online Giveaways holds the right to not remind you to read the Terms and Conditions once the product has been won and delivered. Terms and Conditions will be promoted regularly under the discretion of the promoter. Please take this upon you as an individual, to read these upon or before entering any of our competitions.